Monday, October 19, 2009

The haul from the quilt show.

Kaiya and I had visited the local quilt shop the day  before heading to the quilt show.   Kaiya talked the ladies ears off before having a quilt rack  holding  10 bolts of fabric, fall on top of her pinning her legs.  She's fine and infact she's been bragging  up her bruise to everyone she sees.  Upon entering the quilt show I had  some ladies come up to me asking me how Kaiya was.  Apparently the "incident" was heard about by many. It traveled as fast as it would if you were playing the "telephone game"   I knew  she was a live wire that would make a name for herself.  :)

We  had a lazy day filled with  homemade cream of mushroom soup, pumpkin bread and then later we made Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.  I had read about it during my morning reads and decided we had to try it.  I've never heard of them before and it really did peak my curiosity.  They turned out good, although the texture is a little more "muffin cakey " than "cookie crunchewy".  It took a few minutes to adjust.  The kids have determined that they love them but they can't be an " all the time cookie", because it just "too much all at once".  Seven year olds are very wise at times, and other time just wise asses.


While the kids, yes all three of them played games I  did clean up duty and worked further on the baby quilt.  It is working out nicely.  I have had a few bumps in the road, but not enough to deter me from finishing it.  I am very proud of it so far and will love it in it's new home.   I hope Jess likes it as I  have never met her and am unsure of her taste. It is very pretty and bright with cute little " baby like" design's on the retro 30's fabric.  It makes me smile to look at it, I hope it has the same affect on her.   I'll show finished pictures after it is received at the shower.  In the mean time I will leave you with the haul from the quilt show and our finished cookies.  I plan on using this to repair the family quilts and make a 30's style quilt from myself eventually.

Notice the red topped mushroom fabric! I finally have the match for my drunken gnome fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails