Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fun, Family & Friends at the Faust Farm.

We were invited this past weekend  help our friends on their farm.  I always enjoy things like this and I want my children to know that there is a different life than they are used to, in fact, it is more like how  I grew up as a kid.   We went for the annual chicken harvest and helped out. 


While the adults were  busy with the chickens, the kids went exploring and ran around through the woods and all around the farm.  The rule of the house, especially because the weather was gorgeous, was " get your butt outside".   Brian brought his DS, but Madison soon had him runnin' after her to play.  Kaiya was under the mistaken impression that it was her job to kill the chickens and waited around for a bit for someone to show her how.  She too, happily chased after Madison once she accepted thet she indeed did NOT have to kill chickens.  


These little pigs were new to the farm, purchased and hauled in the day before so they were still abit skittish and very leary of the kids and there supa' fast movements.  It was hysterical to watch them push and shove each other to get to the front to see us and then if someone moved an arm, all hell would break loose and they would run and squeal climbing over and pushing through each other, just to settle down and do it all over again.

It was a long day, the kids left at about 6ish  and I was there till around 8: until the last package of chicken had been packed in the freezer.  Carol and Bill treated me to " shopping in the freezer" for all my hard work.  Farm raised beef, sweet sausage, chip steak,  chicken, ground beef, BACON and brown eggs.   I went home exhausted and dirty , desperately needing a shower and happy knowing that  I'd helped out their family while making new friends and memories with the  my kids.  It was a very good day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails