Saturday, September 18, 2010

I've been side tracked for the last few days

.... working on gifts for upcoming events. I enjoy sitting on the couch with Brody at night and stitching under the glow of the hermit crab tank while they move things about in their tank. Yes for those of you who don't know we are now the proud owners of 3 hermit crabs that were saved from eminent death. More on that in another post.





I've been working on a double whipped running stitch and practiced on a sampler for a while before doing on the scrappy star pillow. It went together easily and I am quite happy with it. I did however find out that some of the greens fabric used in this star and in the "Hanna" quilt were never color set and had a lot of bleeding in the wash.



I woke up this morning upset at the dye bleed and knew that it was going to bother me and I would fret over it especially since the wedding is today and this is the gift. I went to the store to get carbona dye corrector and prayed for the best. It did take out the bleed but unfortunately it took out some dye from other fabric within the quilt and on here. Live and learn.



I've been going through all of our clothes and these next few weeks are focused on Brian's closet. I've been making panel shorts out of jeans that were thrifted this summer adding elastic waist bands, which is much easier for an eight year old. At this age he has little interest in what he wears and has no concept of what is" cool" in a surfing town... yet.



















For Miss Kaiya it's all about tattoos and princesses, so we came up with the knee princess. The Body Crayon Book is a big hit with the little kids that come here to play. Today will be rainbows and butterflies before cousin Matty gets here to hang with them while we head to the wedding. The Princess and the frog movie is her choice for tonight. I'm sure the boys will be thrilled.








Take care,
Kendra


Related Posts with Thumbnails