Monday, March 1, 2010

Current Scrap projects.

Anita over at http://bloominworkshop.wordpress.com/ has been using her scraps for some really spectacular quilts that she plans on gifting to some friends.  I was so inspired by her creativity and the use of scraps that I decided to follow suit.  We are planning on moving as soon as our lease is up at the end of April so I have been sorting, ironing, folding and packing all my fabric except for the scraps.  Those have all been put aside and sorted into color groups. I have one bin filled with quilting scraps and another filled with 2 inch strips to be used for some toothbrush rugs.   Have a look-see.







This is a picture of a finished quilt top measuring 88" x 52".  I'm in the process of piecing a back from the rest of the Alexander Henry scraps until the are gone.  I have a few blocks that didn't make it into the top so I am  incorporating them into the  and hopefull will be quilting it and the coin quilt soon. 






This is the start of  a Scrappy  string star quilt.  I am still unsure of the direction I plan on going in or how big it will be  , so for now I'm just piecing by color.    Off to  do some more, banking and Princess games with my qirl.   What are you doing today?  Thanks for taking alook. 




Take care,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails