Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sick kids.

Lil ' b woke up with a sore and scratchy throat.  I can't say that I'm surprised, as this is typical of him around this time of year.  Brody too is home sick and lil'miss just wants the extra attention so she is feigning ill as well. Right now all are  snuggled in their beds, reading books as I have banned the t.v. for a while .  I am going to take advantage of the quiet and try to finish up some more triangles for  another quilt, goof around on the internet.
Yesterday was an extremely hard day and my patience level maxed out by 11:00 in the morning.  We are in the trenches of potty training  again and I must admit that resistance is high.  I have been reduced to using  princess dress up clothes, skirts and dresses as bribery with miss to get her to use the potty as all other tried and true methods have failed.     She is a princess through and through so it was total devastation and hysterical tears  when I removed them all from her room in a trash bag.  She must use the potty to earn back an outfit complete with shoes and accessories.  So far so good.  In addition to this, she had 3 fashion emergencies  before we even made it out the door yesterday. We had taken a very nice walk on the beach looking at all of the  big fat jellies and many carcasses of horseshoe crabs of various sizes  that had washed up due to the rough surf.  It was nice.  We chit chatted about various things,  like she wants to be a mermaid and that I am her best "mudda" in her whole world. She also spoke of Grammy and Spike reminding me that we could drive there today and play with grammy's  magic wand and walk to the ponds with  "sssssss---PIKE" Oh if we could, that would be wonderful (love you guys)  It would have been nice to have them here strolling on the beach as well.   We walked home from the beach wandering the alleys and exploring the different gardens and flowerbeds that are starting to change due  and the new additions of mums and pumpkins.
Off to clean and sanitize the bathrooms and laundry. I hate it when the family is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails